Sitting on the blogger's table

Meeting Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and some lovely bloggers.


It was day 5 of a bad back when I found myself sitting (rather awkwardly) on the 'blogger's table' at the launch event for Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's new book 'A to Z' at the River Cottage Canteen in Winchester.  

the bloggers on the blogger's table
The bloggers

I have never blogged before, neither has my husband who was sitting with me, so it was something of a revelation to both of us. Talking to the bloggers and hearing how they started blogging plus the many and varied topics they covered was fascinating.

We were attending the event courtesy of Riverford (organic farmers) who had run a competition on Facebook for a pair of tickets to the event. 

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall talking about his book 'A to Z'
Hugh with his new book 'A to Z'
I was so excited to win and get the chance to meet Hugh F-W, but when I hurt my back I thought I wouldn't be able to go.  We were travelling down from Cheshire so my husband did the driving and I had to be dosed up with painkillers for the journey, but it was well worth it.  

Hugh was delightful, talking about the inspiration behind 'A to Z', chatting to everybody and signing books. 



Hugh, his 'A to Z' and the wonderful bloggers, Jane (@HedgeComber), Victoria (@vicwelton), Afra (@madmumof7) and Louise (@strongcoffee1) have all inspired me to start this blog. Many thanks to them all.

meeting hugh fearnley-whittingstall
Meeting Hugh

Look out for some recipe successes from A to Z to follow!


PS: if you want to know more about Riverford Organic here is a link:

https://www.riverford.co.uk/pet





Comments

  1. It was lovely to meet you and so glad we inspired you to start a blog! All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that's so cool! Great to meet you both and I look forward to following your bloggy adventures :)
    Janie x
    PS I hope the back's better xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts