Cooking with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s ‘A to Z’ cookbook.

It started with a K.


No, not a KISS (like Errol Brown’s Hot Chocolate song) but with a K for KALE.

Why? you might ask, well once I got home with my copy of ‘A to Z’ I couldn’t wait to get started on one of the many exciting recipes and I had just had a Riverford veg box delivered.  A big bag of kale was sitting on the top of the box, so I turned to K for kale and wasn’t disappointed.

Actually, it wasn’t really cooking, more mingling and manipulating!  

The dish I selected was Raw Kale with Yoghurt and Tahini, and apart from preparing the kale, all that was needed was to mix up the dressing of tahini, honey, lemon, garlic, yoghurt and olive oil, season it and massage it into the leaves.  Yes, Hugh did specify massage.  As the leaves were massaged they softened and absorbed the flavours and the resulting taste was delightful. 

Recipe from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's book 'A to Z', K for Kale
K for Kale
This dish would work well as a side with veggie food, fish or cold cuts. In fact I think it would be pretty tasty with cold cooked sausages too. Let me know what you think?

PS: if you want to know more about Riverford Organic and their wonderful veg boxes here is a link..

https://www.riverford.co.uk/pet




Comments

Popular Posts