A perfect present for a foodie

The gift that keeps on giving!


We love our food.  As a family, food is important to us, not just for fuel but also for taste and enjoyment. Even though I work full time I usually cook an evening meal from scratch using fresh ingredients.  I get help with the prep and the washing up but the creating is usually down to me.

Artisan bakery in Macclesfield
Flour Water Salt bakery
We have a favourite bakery called Flour Water Salt in Macclesfield and often sit and have a coffee (and cake..) there when we are picking up some of their lovely artisan bread.  They have a bookcase with a selection of cookbooks to browse through and I noticed that my husband often picked up one called Posh Toast, commenting on how simple but unusual the recipes seemed to be.

cookery book
Posh Toast
I decided this would be a good book to pop into his Christmas stocking, not expecting quite the result this would be.

Since Christmas, on most weekends, he has regularly selected a posh toast dish, bought the ingredients and cooked a wonderful lunch for me.  It has been fabulous!  

I have to say this is one of the best Christmas presents I have ever bought him, and I get to enjoy it too...

Here are some of the dishes he has made:

Tahini, avocado and toasted chickpeas
Tahini, avocado and toasted chickpeas

Canellini bean, lemon and sage
Canellini bean, lemon and sage

Chocolate spread and cream cheese
Chocolate spread and cream cheese with chopped nuts

Thyme buttered mushrooms
Thyme buttered mushrooms

Catalan spinach with pine nuts and raisins
Catalan spinach with pine nuts and raisins

Tuna with Mediterranean veg
Escalivada tuna 

All absolutely delicious too.

Here's a link to the book from Amazon in case you want a copy too:

Comments

Popular Posts