Misty morning at Lingfield Park

Early mornings and mysterious vistas

I stayed in Lingfield on a business trip last week. When I arrived at my hotel it was dark and I was unaware of my surroundings outside.  I knew the hotel was near the racecourse but wasn't sure how close it was.
The following morning I opened the curtains to see what was outside but couldn't see much as there was a low lying mist.
It looked like I was looking over a golf course. There were some golf buggies and what I imagined were practice holes. I'm not a golfer, as you can probably tell.



View from the Marriott Hotel at Lingfield Park
Lingfield Park in the mist

After a delicious breakfast, including a perfectly poached egg, I wandered back to my room and looked out again, the mist had lifted slightly and the racecourse, with the final jump before the finish line, appeared - just to the right of the view above.


Racecourse view from the Marriott Hotel in the mist
The last jump before the finish line

What a great view for a horse racing fan!
I like the lines made by the different fences and the stripes in the grass, plus the hint of mystery with the mist still lingering beyond.
If you are looking for a good hotel in the area I would recommend the Marriott Hotel at Lingfield Park. It was a great place to stay. The staff were very attentive and welcoming, the room was spacious and well equipped and it was a lovely comfortable bed. There is also a spa but, unfortunately, I didn't get time to check this out.
This is a link to the official hotel website:
I booked my trip using Expedia and got a discount on the rate, here's a link for this:

Expedia/Marriott
The nearby town of East Grinstead has some lovely old tudor buildings and is worth a visit.

Comments

Popular Posts