What to do with your August harvest - a delicious recipe for plums

Plums, plums, plums.... 

Plums freshly picked from the tree
Picked plums

We have a plum tree in our garden which isn't very big. Last year it had a small crop of plums and we pruned some of the branches that were looking a bit the worse for wear.

This year it is inundated with the most delicious crop of juicy plums.  The branches are laden with them.  I picked at least 10 lbs worth at the weekend, giving bags to neighbours and friends and filling the freezer.  The tree has at least the same amount of fruit still to pick too!

Harvest of plums picked from the tree
Large bowl of plums

I guess I'll be picking more plums this weekend...

Ripening plums on the tree
Plenty still on the tree

One of the recipes I made with this lovely harvest is my version of a tray baked cake with plums added. The original recipe was from Waitrose and I have adjusted it slightly.  Here is my version of the recipe:




Recipe for plums
Plum Tray Cake recipe


You can change the topping to just a dusting of icing sugar, or, if you are feeling decadent spread the top with some Nutella!  I hope you enjoy it...






Comments

Popular Posts