Nature's Palette

Golds, greens, yellows and greys



Fairburn Ings RSPB nature reserve
Golden grasses

This week I have been posting a few photos on Instagram that show some of the beautiful colours and shades of the natural world around us. I'm often taken with the details of lichen and mosses, bright splashes of yellow on a tree trunk or the silvery greys of lichen on an old garden bench. The patterns these make can be captivating and the variety of shades are quite surprising.

Some of the photos were taken with my phone, others with my Panasonic Lumix LX100 (a handy little camera aimed at the enthusiast photographer), or with my Canon DSLR (EOS 550D), not  a pro model, but the results are still good.

grey and green lichens
Grey lichens on an old bench

Leafy Xanthoria
Leafy Xanthoria lichen


I have also been trying out a photo app on my iPhone called Square Ready to frame some of my landscape pictures (horizontal or vertical) in order to make them into the square format that displays the best on Instagram.  There are a number of different coloured borders available in the app but I prefer to stick with black or white as shown in the images below.  I realise that the white borders won't show here though...!


Suffolk beach
Found on a Suffolk beach


The two images below have white edges which make them square.
Greens and reflections in the water
Under green willows by a stream

Lake District
Mossy woodland in the Lake District

I hope this inspires you to take a closer look at your surroundings and find beauty in the nature that is around you.  I'd love to hear what you think about these photos so please leave me your comments!



Comments

Popular Posts